You may have noticed that the blog was a little different of late.
That was for three reasons
1) I had no computer and I couldn't do a lot of the things I wanted to do without it including blog properly but I have picked up ,y new computer today and whilst I have a lot of work to do on it, I can at least access the internet and type
2) I wanted to celebrate my retirement with free stuff and classes
3) I have been away on what was really the holiday of a lifetime for the past three weeks.
But I am back now and normal service should be resumed soon. Once I get everything on my new machine I should be good to go.
However - the holiday ... wow!!
We knew it would be a biggie as it was a combined celebration for Nigel turning 60, our 30th wedding anniversary and - did I mention it - my retirement!!
We called it our WOW America tour (yes we like to have names for our trips and we make tour t shirts and everything) and the WOW stood for Way Out West as that what the trip was - a tour of the entire west coast of America - and inland bits between too.
Picture of us in tour t shirts at Gretta's house (Nigel's cousin) in Oregon.
The trip saw us fly into San Francisco and back out of LA and do some 3500 miles between, stay in 11 hotels and with family (the last hotel for a week thank goodness), take 6500 photos (and no I won't post them all, visit 4 National Parks, loads of state parks, two theme parks, shop ... a lot ... eat out endlessly and have a thoroughly amazing time.
Word of warning, the next few days will have trip reports as well as usual scrapping so feel free to skip the trip reports and get to the usual stuff. It will all be posted here as this is my log of the entire trip for me to keep.
Highlights were many and included the Boeing Factory seeing 747s and Dreamliners being built, seeing the first Starbucks in Seattle ( a bit of a pilgrimage for us), visiting Mount Rainier, Columbia River Gorge, meeting family in Oregon, visiting Crater Lake, seeing amazing sunsets over the Pacific, driving Big Sur, seeing the redwoods, falling in love with Carmel, seeing San Fran and LA again, staying in beach hotels listening to the ocean, doing a tour of Angel stadium ... his team for the past 35 years ... and going to Disneyland and California Adventures.
One of the things I did - just for fun - was keep a record of some f the places with the app Instagram weather so these are just a few of the highlights from that app. Not the best photos as they are quick snaps, unedited and reduced size. But it gives a flavour of three of the most amazing weeks we have ever had.
and the last week was a heat wave - all over the news and breaking California records ... this was the temperature in the car on Monday!
Today I am thankful for
- the most amazing holiday ever - such special times together
- travelling safely
- being home - no place like it
- my fur babies back where they belong, safe and well
- a new computer - I think!
- my washing machine - been running non stop today.