Neither Nigel nor I are the sort of people to do 'nothing'. We always have to be doing 'something'.
Well almost always.
Today, testament to still not feeling well, I have done quite a bit of 'nothing'.
We popped to the fabric store for some material for two projects I want to embark on in the Christmas holidays.
I half =heartedly scrapped the monthly challenge on UKS
and apart fromt hat not much really.
But that is good too.
This is my take ont he monthly challenge which was a sketch challenge
I was going for a sort of distressed declaration of independence feel.
The photos are of the fife and drum corp that play at the American Adventure in Epcot. Or perhaps I should say 'played' as they have now been ousted and I think that is awfully sad as they were a real feature and we loved them. I am so pleased we also took video this year.
Today I am thankful for
- time to rest
- fabric ideas
And finally Mike, our friend in Florida, sent this and I love it. Salutory thoughts, people.
THE AUTHOR IS NOT KNOWN.
IT WAS FOUND IN THE BILLFOLD OF COACH PAUL BEAR BRYANT, ALABAMA, AFTER HE DIED IN 1982
The Magic Bank Account
Imagine that youh ad won the following *PRIZE* in a contest:
Each morning your bank would deposit $86,400 in your private account for your use.
However, this prize has rules:
The set of rules:
1. Everything that you didn't spend during each day would be taken away from you.
2. You may not simply transfer money into some other account.
3. You may only spend it.
4. Each morning upon awakening, the bank opens your account with another $86,400 for that day.
5. The bank can end the game without warning; at any time it can say,“Game Over!". It can close the account and you will not receive a new one.
What would you personally do?
You would buy anything and everything you wanted right? Not only for yourself, but for all the people you love and care for. Even for people you don't know, because you couldn't possibly spend it all on yourself, right?
You would try to spend every penny, and use it all, because you knew it would be replenished in the morning, right?
ACTUALLY, This GAME is REAL ...
Shocked ??? YES!
Each of us is already a winner of this *PRIZE*. We just can't seem to see it.
The PRIZE is *TIME*
1. Each morning we awaken to receive 86,400 seconds as a gift of life.
2. And when we go to sleep at night, any remaining time is Not credited to us.
3. What we haven't used up that day is forever lost.
4. Yesterday is forever gone.
5. Each morning the account is refilled, but the bank can dissolve your account at any time
SO, what will YOU do with your 86,400 seconds?
Those seconds are worth so much more than the same amount in dollars. Think about it and remember to enjoy every second of your life, because time races by so much quicker than you think.
So take care of yourself, be happy, love deeply and enjoy life!
Here's wishing you a wonderful and beautiful day. Start “spending”....
"DON’T COMPLAIN ABOUT GROWING OLD…!"
SOME PEOPLE DON'T GET THE PRIVILEGE!